This year’s Cisco Live Europe just ended in Barcelona and brought together nearly 22,000 partners, customers, and IT professionals, ready to learn and share the cutting-edge knowledge and skills to keep up with the latest transformative technologies.
A lot has been discussed over the last few days, and here are the key topics:
- Accelerating applications in a hybrid multi-cloud environment through Cisco’s new multi-domain architecture offering, to deliver full visibility within the application, network and data center, both on-prem and in the cloud;
- Tranform the data lake in other business insights and generate new Business Models;
- Comprehensive security architecture to lower the risk of cyber threats, and optimize industrial processes;
- Transforming customer and agent experiences with new contact center enhancements;
- New AI-powered voice intelligence capabilities to Webex Meetings;
- Simplification of Licensing using Enterprise Agreements as a long term strategy & adoption;
- API enablement with the Cisco Portfolio delivering more value
Additionally, Cisco continues its commitment to security and data privacy across all technology.
Cisco is central to helping customers achieve business outcomes beyond what was once thought possible, amidst the fastest and largest tech transition in history.
Wendy Mars – Cisco’s President of Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia (EMEAR) region
In short, the direction is that of a technology and an innovation model that put the user experience at the very center, trying to respond to an unparalleled technological revolution requiring an ever-increasing speed and efficiency, but also ease of use and simplification.
Finally, technology that has the minimal environmental impact – another central topic of this Cisco Live – which can have a positive influence on the planet and its inhabitants.
The importance of offering a wide range of calling options
Cloud consumption model is becoming key in the IT industry, but traditional On-Prem standard remains the preferred solution for many customers, especially in the UC/Calling landscape.
This is the reason why, today, the market keeps offering different Calling options, from On-Prem to hosted and Cloud dedicated or shared solutions.
One thing’s sure: one model cannot fit all.