Looking for a new career driven by passion, technology and make things right from the beginning? We are geared to bring on-board the right candidates, giving training when required but most important the opportunity to be listened because they are our brand and ultimately our customer-facing.
We have the current positions available:
Network Security Engineer
The Security Engineer’s role is to ensure that Pxosys/industry best practices and methodologies are applied to design, deployment and operations of core route/switch and data center networks. This individual provides technical guidance and leadership to the customer and project engineering team and ensures project timelines are being met. They will be the technical point of contact for the customer and provide design, migration and deployment guidance.
• Responsible for the delivery of network planning, design, implementation & optimization services as a post sales consultant to Pxosys’s Commercial Enterprise clients.
• Create Low Level and High-Level designs of enterprise networks utilizing industry best practices
• Create and review complete site designs that includes development of low level designs, network diagrams, as-is and to-be reports, and create the necessary bill of materials for what needs to be ordered for the designs to be implemented
• Lead the delivery of network solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other network hardware appliances.
• Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
• Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
• Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
• Certifications in Cisco CCNP/CCIE Security Preferred.
• Related degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or five equivalent network engineering experience.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks in accordance with industry best practices.
• Must have Client facing / consultancy skills working within a Professional Services environment.
• Proven communication skills, both oral and written, and be able to create detailed technical documentation and present it to the customer in an easy to understand way
• Experience with logical network design models (L2/L3, WAN, Network Optimization, Spanning tree, VFR, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
• Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec).
• Experience with Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine), ACS, Umbrella, Firepower
• Experience with PaloAlto and Fortinet Firewalls
• Experience with Zscaler, F5, Cisco ESA/WSA
• Knowledge IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
• Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, DMVPN, WAAS and MPLS).
• SD-WAN (IWAN, Viptela) experience is desirable but not essential.
• Configuration management of networking devices using automation tools (DNA Center, APIC-EM, Cisco Prime) and API scripting with Python and/or Ansible is desirable but not essential.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
• Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Pxosys was founded with two core fundamentals; delivering with integrity and provide world-class customer service. We are one of the UK’s strategic IT infrastructure providers. The business is based on three key principles: nurturing customers, outstanding customer service and employee retention- which inspire our easy-going, enjoyable approach to business. For more information about Pxosys please visit:http://www.pxosys.com
If you believe that you are the right candidate send your CV to [email protected], someone from the Head Recruitment will contact you. We are waiting for you